Join us for an experience of breathwork, reiki and sound to sooth your mind & nervous system.
In this 90 minute practice, Victoria Albina will lead you through an active meditation based in Pranayama.
This form of Breathwork uses a 3-part, fast-paced breathing pattern. It is a deep and powerful modality for healing ourselves. Through this guided breath, you can move stuck energy in your physical and spiritual bodies, can liberate and deepen emotional awareness. (learn more about Breathwork here)
If you've been nervous to try Breathwork (which can indeed be transformative and often psychedelic!) this is your opportunity to try this meditative practice with the guidance and support of a Nurse Practitoner with 20 years of experience in health and wellness.
To support the breathwork integration, Bree French will lead a healing sound bath.
A variety of instruments will guide us. These include crystal bowls, which help quiet the mind and bring you into a state of deep rest. You’ll experience this journey through the resting pose of savasana.
During the Breathwork Meditation Bree will offer optional Reiki healing touch* to those interested. This helps to deepen the practice overall.
This workshop is an amazing opportunity to experience
Breathwork, Sound Therapy and Reiki in a beautiful setting - it's truly not to be missed!
A few notes for those joining us:
- Please bring a yoga mat or a cozy blankie to lie on.
- Bring a water bottle and try not to eat right before the session.
- We'll be on a private roof deck (how cool is that?!) and the sun will set while we practice, so bring some layers in case you get chilly.
- We'd like to strongly encourage you to bring a journal and a pen - a lot can come up in this practice and it's great to pause to write it down or draw about it!
If you have asthma, please bring your inhaler.
Essential oils will be incorporated into the workshop. Sage and palo santo will be burned. We want everyone to be comfortable. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you'd prefer we not use these herbs.
If you have a serious medical concern, please reach out to discuss whether this practice is right for you
Please talk with your healthcare provider before engaging in Breathwork and Sound Healing.
* Note that of course Reiki healing touch is optional. You do not have to be touched if you don’t want to be! Your body, your choices! We love you!
Ready to try Breathwork Meditation and Sound Healing? Join Victoria Albina, NP, MPH and Bree French, Sound Healer, for a Breath + Sound Event on a private roof deck in Gowanus, Brooklyn on September 18th, 2019 from 7:30-9pm! Exchange $48.
Address provided upon confirmation. Space is limited. There is an elevator to where we will practice. 24 hour cancellation policy.